RTR introduces a new compensation system in its wide range of products, the SVG. This device is not only capable of power factor correction, but can also reduce harmonics to <5% THDI.
RTR’s advanced SVG is capable of generating a compensation current (same magnitude, but opposite phase) in real time to achieve desired power factor and can monitor harmonics up to 15th order thus improving power quality.
SVG working principle
• When the load draws inductive or capacitive current, it causes the current to lag or lead the voltage.
• The SVG detects the difference in phase angle and generates a leading or lagging current in the network, making the phase angle of the current almost the same as that of the voltage on the transformer side, which corrects the factor fundamental power to unity.
• The SVG draws harmonic current from the network in such a way that the magnitude of the current is the same as the harmonic current on the load side.
While its phase is opposite to that of the harmonic current on the load side, which ensures that the effective value of the harmonic current on the source side is reduced to a negligible level.
REACTIVE AND HARMONIC
|• Improves power factor Real time power compensation maintaining unity power factor without over or under compensation. The compensation performance is higher than that of a traditional device.
• Elimination of harmonics It sets the required amount of reactive current in real time and compensates for the harmonic current (up to 15th order) consumed.
• No steps Instantaneous, continuous, without steps and without interruptions.
It does not influence the fluctuation of the mains voltage.
• Correction of phase unbalance Capable of correcting imbalance by programming the device.
• No resonances or transients No risk of harmonic resonances with the network and no transients as there is no switching of passive components.
• Quick response Fast setup capability provides fast response time as low as 50μs and full response in less than 1 cycle.
• Easy installation and maintenance Simple installation, compact modules. Great useful life since there is no electromechanical switching or risks of transients and resonances
* Controllable reactive current source.
|System Parameters||50kVAr 100kVAr||
|Nominal voltage||308V a 480V||Compensation capacity of a single module||50kVAr 100kVAr|
|Frecuency||50/60Hz (±2.5Hz)||Response time||50μs and full response in less than 1 cycle|
|Parallel operation||Up to 8 unidades||Target power factor||Adjustable from -1 a +1|
|Energy efficiency||>97%||Cooling mode||Forced air cooling|
|Network type||3P3W / 3P4W||Noise level||<65dB|
|TI range||Configurable by screen up to 10000/5A||Normal compensation spectrum||Up to 15th order harmonic|
|CT placement||Mains side / Load side||Protection functions||Overcurrent, overvoltage, overtemperature, IGBT saturation|
|Circuit||Type 3-level inverters|
Communication and monitoring capacity
|Communications port||RS485 (MODBUS-RTU), possible via LAN, WIFI (de pago)||Mounting type||On the floor (rack type) On the wall|
|Communication protocol||RS485 (MODBUS-RTU), possible via LAN, WIFI (de pago)||Module dimensions (length x width x height) mm||470 x 653 x 270 470 x 700 x 240|
|Communication interface||Basic monochrome screen / 4.3’’ touch screen (7’’ on request)
Basic monochrome screen / HMI of 7” and 10” (4.3” on request)
|Software updates||Possible via WIFI or via laptop||Color||RAL 7035|
Certificates and regulations
|Altitude||<2000m (higher altitude on request))||CE, EN 50178:1197 / IEC 50178:1997, EN 61000_6_2 (2005) / EN55011, IEC 61000_6_2 (1999)|
|Operating temperature||-10ºC a 45ºC|
|Relative humidity||95%, non-condensing|
|Protection class||IP 21|